Are speedier drawings possible?

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Are speedier drawings possible?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I just build a custom Drawbot and I want to use the Makelangelo software (0.9.2). Now I wonder if it is possible to change the drawing speed? I can jog at a decent speed but if I start drawing it is very slow.

Any suggestions?

Andreas

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great question!

At the moment the drawing speed is hard-coded. We could add an advanced options window that lets you set that kind of thing. Generally I’ve found that faster speeds mean lower quality pictures. If that’s not an issue for you then the easiest way at the moment is

– Open any NGC file created by the GUI software.
    – Find all F[number] references. This is the default feed rate, the speed of the pen moving.
    – Replace the number with a bigger number to go faster, and a smaller number to go slower. <=0 is a no-no.
    – Save the NGC
    – Load the NGC in the GUI software again. Drawing estimate time should be smaller now.

Does that help?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I managed to do that from the Cambam software – just have a look at the “Cut Feedrate” at the machining actions you perform and raise it from 800 to whatever you want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you are using CamBam then Keerbot’s solution is perfect.
    If you’re working with someone else’s gcode then you have to edit the F numbers.

Thanks, Keerbot!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.