Scratch creations for Makelangelo!

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Scratch creations for Makelangelo!

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Keymaster

Share your Scratch creations here, and discuss how we could empower you to make bigger cooler designs.
    I just added support for booleans (true/false tests), “repeat until”, cos(), sin(), tan(), and more! Should make for some crazy patterns!

jaymesdec
    Participant

Dan,

I am using software version v7.17.0 and a makelangelo 3. I would love to show my students how to use scratch to make drawings, but when I try to load a sb2 file, nothing happens.

I’m on OSX 10.11.6.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jaymes

jaymesdec
    Participant

Dan,

I am using software version v7.17.0 and a makelangelo 3. I would love to show my students how to use scratch to make drawings, but when I try to load a sb2 file, nothing happens.

I’m on OSX 10.11.6.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jaymes

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

Is there a work around to the sb2 file format issue to use Scratch and Makelangelo?

mrbernd
    Participant

Hello!

Just played a bit with Scratch support. That is a big thing. Simple test files are working. – But my first real project is not. It is not overly complicated but uses a list…

Can share the code, the scratch result etc. Would appreciate if someone has an idea…

Bernd

Dan
    Keymaster

@mrbernd please share! Is this written in Scratch 2 or Scratch 3? We don’t support 3 yet, the format is WAY more complicated under the hood.

mrbernd
    Participant

Dan,

thank you for your questions.
    It is a Scratch2-file. The source file and two screenshots are here (WeTransfer-Link).

The main program requires a list of primes which can be generated with the two subroutines.
    The subroutines are not mandatory as long as a list of primes is available. Within scratch these lists can be imported/ exported. The code is ready-to-rum and produces the output which I would like to have with the Makelangelo.

Regards,
    Bernd

Dan
    Keymaster

Hmm… there is support for lists but not for WhenIReceive. Tricky!

mrbernd
    Participant

Dan,

thanks for your answer. I only need the “when I receive” in order to generate a list of primes. Will try to find a different solution…

Regards,
    Bernd

Dan
    Keymaster

I’ll open a ticket in case someone wants to tackle this challenge. In the meantime I notice that the same scratch program can be run without the “whenIReceive” blocks, like so:

View post on imgur.com

Dan
    Keymaster
    mrbernd
    Participant

Thank you very much! Bernd

mrbernd
    Participant

Perfect. Scratch program is working. – But “Makelangelo”-software still does not understand. Any ideas?

Dan
    Keymaster

Do you have the updated script in SB2 format? I only have it in SB3.

mrbernd
    Participant

Dear Don,

forgot to thank you for your fast response and immediate help.
    In the end I took the main information from the scratch program and converted it to an SVG outside scratch which I then used to draw it with the Makelangelo.

Btw: Scratch2 is obsolete now because it is based on Flash. Do not know if there are many people who work with Scratch and the Makelangelo. I tried it just for fun and to get my daughter involved…

Bernd

Dan
    Keymaster

Thank you for your kind words.

Scratch3 format is much harder to process.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.