Makelangelo on Arduino Uno

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo on Arduino Uno

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    artclonic artclonic
    Participant

Hi, how to run the Makelangelo on Arduino UNO ? I downloaded the firmware MarginallyClever-Makelangelo-firmware-c86acee

artclonic artclonic
    Participant

need firmware “Makelangelo 2.5.2 ? Where to download it?

Dan
    Keymaster

Firmware can be downloaded from this site, here: https://www.marginallyclever.com/product/makelangelo-firmware/

The firmware_ams folder contains the UNO version of the Makelangelo code.

artclonic artclonic
    Participant

What limiting uno+shield compared to the Mega+ramps? What does this mean?

artclonic artclonic
    Participant

what are the consequences and limitations?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Artclonic, did you get any feedback on your questions?

@Dan,
    I know have the software running and firmware installed in an UNO with a cheap zyltech driver. The problem I am having is when I try to draw the steppers just hum. I thought it might be an issue with jumper settings (I had them all installed) but it acted the same after I powered it all down and removed all the jumpers. Any help would be appreciated.
    Curt

Dan
    Keymaster

RAMPS and RUMBA can move many times faster and boards can be recycled later to make 3D printer. L293D shield isn’t good for much else.

@curt locey I’m not familiar with zyltech driver. link to specific item? photo of your setup?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried to make Makelangelo w. 5.2.. Using arduino uno.. And i installed this firmware to arduino.. And then i installed Makelangelo-software…. When i try to connect tge arduino via Makelangelo-software an error message pops up sayung

“the firmware (code in the brain of your robot) is not the version I expect. I found v7..”

How should i overcome this error…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Makelangelo 2.5.2

Dan
    Keymaster

Makelangelo 2.5.2 is no longer supported by the software.
    I don’t have the resources to support every version.
    If you modify the code to support 2.5.2 and send in a pull request then I welcome it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.