Makelangelo 5 USB connection problem

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo 5 USB connection problem

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Keymaster

https://reprap.org/wiki/File:RRD_RUMBA_TAURINO_DriverSetup.zip is the trusted link. We are having communication problems.

manole_83
    Participant

I guess my main problem is with my operating system. Maybe I have to reinstall it.

manole_83
    Participant

DANIEL I AM „HOME”!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem was that the driver was not even installed, first. Than, after you told me, when I installed it the driver was not properly installing and recognized (still appearing as Universal Serial Bus devices when plugged the USB).
    I tried to make a port artificially in Device Manager-Action-Add legacy… but each time was given with error 10.
    I uninstalled (with additional soft) the Arduino Mega… in Universal Serial Bus devices and also the port with 10 error for Rumba… Than I installed again the driver for Rumba.
    Than I saw a method of detecting not properly installed devices with the Troubleshooter-Hardware and Sound-Hardware and Devices-Next… and computer repaired the driver installation. First two trials failed, but the third was really successful and I could follow your indications because Arduino Mega… was automatically recognized as valid port and appears in Arduino software in Tools-Port. So the TROUBLESHOOTER was really the right solution.

Now the pen holder is in „home” position and expects to get to serious work. But I think I will stop for now. I am starving…

manole_83
    Participant

I have a problem with drawing thankyou.dxf (opened on Paper) . When I give Start (after Find home and Border commands) a bip is heard and the Rumbas display says Change to Layer _1 and Click to continue.
    Please tell me what I have to do?

manole_83
    Participant

Also if I press Generate art, after I close the dialog box with fractals, and press Start same beep is heard and display says Change to black and Click to continue.

Dan
    Keymaster

click the button on the LCD panel. in some drawings with many layers (colors) the beep is your cue to change pens.

manole_83
    Participant

Thanks for the indication, but talking about many layers (colors) I believe the „Thank you” example is not a drawing with many layers.
    Anyway, I pressed the STOP button of LCD, it beeped again and nothing starts.

Dan
    Keymaster

I mean the dial that you turn and click. Did you not see the setup and first drawing videos? I will make them more clear in future releases.

The “stop” button reboots the robot.

manole_83
    Participant

Please understand that I am not familiar with your terms. You refer to a dialog box after you click Start that mentions: Change Pen? This is what I saw in your video but this doesn’t show when I press Start. It beeps immediately and the led above the chip of the board is flickering and than the TX RX led are turning off.

manole_83
    Participant

WAIT there is something else also but the response is each time the same:

manole_83
    Participant

Under Start button there is start at line # which opens a dialog box where I have to give a value and choose from three options. But the response is the same as I told you whatever I choose after I click OK.

manole_83
    Participant

I don’t need a complex answer just a „yes” or „no” to clarify if the software or again the driver is the problem. I will update Java also but I don’t think will help too much.

manole_83
    Participant

I REREAD YOUR MESSAGE. YOU SAY: the button on the LCD panel/the dial that you turn and click. IS THE BLUE BUTTON OF LCD FROM THIS IMAGE (https://www.solidrop.net/photo-4/biqu-rumba-control-board-diy-cooler-fan-lcd-2004-controller-display-jumper-wire-rumba-control-board-kits-for-reprap.jpg)? HOW Y HAVE TO TURN IT? TO RIGHT, TO LEFT? I SAW IT MODIFIES F (PERCENT VALUES)…?

manole_83
    Participant

IT WORKS!!!

MAN, YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID I HAVE TO PUSH THAT GOD DAMN BLUE TURNING BUTTON NOT TO CLICK IT. CLICK IS FOR MOUSE ACTIONS… IN MY VIEW…
    I HOPE FROM NOW ON I WILL BOTHER YOU WITH MAKING DRAWINGS AND SAVING THEM IN DFX OR SVG FORMATS. I WOULD WANT TO KNOW WHAT PROGRAMS CAN HELP ME O DO THAT. HAVE A GOOD DAY!

manole_83
    Participant

Daniel, the software opens only dfx11. How I can ad dfx14 extension, for example? There are programs that don’t save dfx11 and when open dfx14 nothing appears in Makelangelo software.

manole_83
    Participant

Sorry…DXF…

Dan
    Keymaster

open DXF in Inkscape (free). ungroup everything (only paths in file). Export as DXF. Should smash everything down to R12.

manole_83
    Participant

IT WORKED. THANKS!

manole_83
    Participant

I gave him to draw 2 segments, one vertical and other horizontal, each of 10 cm on computer, and he executed the first of 9,7cm and the second of 10,3cm. The margin of paper was 0% and the page in Inkscape was delineated with a line perfectly superimposed on his edges. What I can do to fix this deformation?

Dan
    Keymaster

I’m not sure why you’d be seeing a deformation. I have not carefully measured movements in a long time, I’ve been focused on manufacturing and bug fixing.

manole_83
    Participant

In one of your discussions (https://www.marginallyclever.com/forums/topic/home-position-and-calibration-of-makelangelo-2-5/) I saw you gave this advice for calibration of a Makelangelo 2.5:

“m4 calibration.pdf” is included in the download zip file. Print it without scaling.
    Position the paper at the top center of the board.
    Move the pen holder until it matches the outline of the pen holder on the paper.
    Set Home.

Done!

Is this valid on Makelangelo 5? I see a „calibration.pdf” file in „M3 calibration pattern” folder… Can I use it as you described above?

manole_83
    Participant

TOP CENTER IS SAME FOR MAK 5 AS YOU INDICATE HERE? https://i.imgur.com/Ydl9jRW.jpg

manole_83
    Participant

I saw this soft presented by you and I think is great. I know there is something like that in Makelangelo software, but can I have it as separate way also? where can I download it?

manole_83
    Participant

I saw this soft presented by you and I think is great (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gNkWGPG960). I know there is something like that in Makelangelo software, but can I have it as separate way also? where can I download it?

Dan
    Keymaster

Something like *what* in the Makelangelo software?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.