Makelangel 5 – Pen lifter – tuning?

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangel 5 – Pen lifter – tuning?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello:
    when I print it seems like the horn on the pen lifter is always “on”. When I connect to the computer and test the pen up and down it responds as expected. When drawing the pen doesn’t seem drop down onto the paper.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Don

Dan
    Keymaster

Does it lift/lower at all while drawing?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dan,
    I love your product although I am facing a few problem.
    I am facing a similar problem.
    The servo motor rotates constantly, it changes direction when I give a pen up or down command but it just does not stop moving.
    I am using arduino uno with motor expansion shield without external power supply.
    Is it a baud rate problem in the firmware or something else.
    Do I need to comment out anything in the firmware?
    The stepper motors are running fine by the way.
    Thanks

Dan
    Keymaster

What do you mean, “does not stop moving”? Are you using a continuous servo instead of a 180 degree servo?

Anonymous
    Inactive

By “does not stop moving” I meant to say that the servo motor rotates continuously 360 degree as soon as I connect the arduino to the computer.

I am using this motor http://www.vegarobokit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=192.

I dont think the motor has a problem, because when I connect it to the arduino and run the “sweep” code in their library it rotates 180 clockwise and anticlockwise as specified in the program. This is the program

I am unable to get the pen up and down as per the drawing.

Dan
    Keymaster

Unfortunately you’ve used a continuous servo, which is not the same thing as a 180 servo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, ok, I will change the motor,

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Having the same issue (I think) as don, above. Did this get resolved for him? It seems the pen is drawing when it should be lifted. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.