Makelangelo Graphic LCD display

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo Graphic LCD display

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Forum,
    I have a rumba board and a LCD display to make the makelangelo 5 as its awesome!
    I have the source code off this site and the Software to run the robot. however when i upload the firmware (and it does fine) the LCD is just Blue.. no text or anything..
    when i turn the knob i can see it interact with the board. but i dont have any display…

any thoughts anyone??

cheers

Dan
    Keymaster

http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Full_Graphic_Smart_Controller

Please also search Marlin code for #DOGLCD and look in files that start with dogm_*.
    A quick look shows each screen that has a bitmap is saved into memory as an array.

The method for displaying images to the graphic LCD is *completely different* from the supported LCD.

There’s also ULTRALCD_IMPL_DOGM.H, which seems to be the hardware-specific implementation of the generic LCD methods called from other places in the code.

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the help..
    i did a search through Marlin but im afraid my coding skills are not what they used to be back in the 90’s lol

Im completely lost on how to edit the Rumba Makelangelo firmware to support the 12846 Reprapdiscount smart controller…..

if there is anyone out there that can help i will buy them lunch.. or if you are far away i will donate $25 to this project for any help that will lead to a working display.

I am a teacher and wanted this working in my class.

cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan
    I would also like to add a display to my home-built bot. I am currently using and UNO and the adafruit driver. I do have a MEGA and driver shield for it I can use if needed. What do you recommend?
    Curt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mate just go out and get a rumba board. its easy as pie to set up..plus the added ablitiy to self center using Limit switches.

It took me 2 weeks to build and refine the bot and it works 99%. i just have a bowing issue.

try it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.