Jumper On Motorshield

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Jumper On Motorshield

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan,

If my motorshield has a jumper labeled PWR, do I need a power supply. Maybe this has been the problem uploading the sketch. The Makelangelo software works fine with everything on it, but the second I put the power supply on the motorshield, the software doesn’t work. Maybe I have to remove the jumper, but at the same time, I don’t want to ruin my motorshield. Thanks a bunch Dan!

Adam Youssef

Dan
    Keymaster

It’s easier to follow your issue if you keep the conversation to a single thread.

Maybe you’re putting power backwards into the shield. get a multimeter and check. also read the documentation for your motor shield and be sure you have the jumper setting correct. Old Makelangelos using the AMS1 shield required 12v2a power. I don’t remember the jumper state.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll keep everything in a single thread.

What will happen if I insert the negative wire into the M+ and the positive wire into GND. Since I’m supposed to do the opposite, will the board react differently if I switch them up? Thanks!

Adam Youssef

Anonymous
    Inactive

I Did It Dan!!!!!

I removed a plastic top from the PWR jumper and apparently that’s why it wasn’t working. I’ve got everything connected to the motorshield and it says Done Compiling!!!

Remember how you told me that when it says COM 4 denied access that that means that COM 4 is busy. I think I know why. When I press connect on the Makelangelo software, it says connect to COM 4. It also has this weird button underneath it saying Machine and -1. Pretty sure that means that there is a problem. Anyways, once I connect COM 4 to the software, and I try to upload the firmware again, it basically says that COM 4 is busy. How can I solve this problem? Thank you again Dan for all of your time and effort!!!

Adam Youssef

Dan
    Keymaster

eh, you can only have one phone call at a time, so to speak. disconnect makelangelo software, the upload firmware. the same will happen fi you have the arduino serial window open and you try to connect the makelangelo software. beeep beeeep beeep line is busy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.