How to generate gcode without any filter?

Shop Forum Everything Else How to generate gcode without any filter?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. How to generate gcode (ngc files) without any filter? For example, if the image is a geometric “square”, how to generate a gcode to draw the 4 lines without any filter? Like a plotter for example.

Thanks and sorry any english mistake.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great question.

Computer vision is a really complicated job. The computer doesn’t understand that the picture you are giving it makes a square shape, it only looks at one dot at a time.

The easiest way to make a square with gcode would be

G0 X10
    G0 Y10
    G0 X0
    G0 Y0

Another way is to use a program like Inkscape to make an vector image (a totally different way of describing pictures) and then saving that picture as a DXF R12 file. Makelangelo can read some DXF features and tell the robot to trace the lines exactly as you have drawn them. It doesn’t understand line thickness!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@i-make-robots wrote:

Great question.

Computer vision is a really complicated job. The computer doesn’t understand that the picture you are giving it makes a square shape, it only looks at one dot at a time.

The easiest way to make a square with gcode would be

G0 X10
    G0 Y10
    G0 X0
    G0 Y0

Another way is to use a program like Inkscape to make an vector image (a totally different way of describing pictures) and then saving that picture as a DXF R12 file. Makelangelo can read some DXF features and tell the robot to trace the lines exactly as you have drawn them. It doesn’t understand line thickness!

Thanks by your answer 🙂

One last question, i was thinking here, so if i can use inkscape to create a image (DXF), maybe i could transform Makelangelo into a plotter to create pcb?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe you can draw with conductive ink and skip middle steps! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

@i-make-robots wrote:

Maybe you can draw with conductive ink and skip middle steps! 🙂

Thanks by the answer. 🙂

The most important thing is: I can make draws without the filter. So now i will try to use the Makelangelo in my Plotter and i post my results here when i finnish.

Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.