Harware

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dan, Hi to everyone else out there,
    I am very very new to coding and github etc could someone please tell me what motorboards are already supported to drive the makelangelo java as I’m not having much look trying to alter board selection in the config.h file.
    Dan has been great but I’m trying not to harass him from across the pond too much as I know he’s a busy man and if anybody has ever came across a absolute beginner guide to making and installing a makelangelo idiots guide I would be greatful for the link as I feel somehow I may be clowning / folding the software incorrect and this could be effecting my ability to find and alter the config.h correctly
    Thanking you all in advance
    Simon

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cloning forking ……. must turn off predictive typing!

Amin
    Participant

As is written in configure.h just above the line where you should add the motor board you have, the following boards are supported:
    RUMBA, RAMPS, SANGUINOLULU 3 and TEENSYLU.

Regarding software, I found it easiest to just download everything from this website. Then you don’t need to deal with github.

Firmware: https://www.marginallyclever.com/product/makelangelo-firmware/
    Software: https://www.marginallyclever.com/product/makelangelo-software/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you slowly getting to grips with git Hub but I agree maybe best to just down from Dan directly look forward to showing you all how I get on 🤞

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ordered a ramps board hoping for more success!
    Will let you know how I get on!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok Folks after some deliberation i have finally got by ramps board to connect to the makelangelo java control however i am failing miserable on getting the firmware etc onto the arduino mega 2560 so that i can start using the software any advice will be welcomed!!

Amin
    Participant

Simon, happy to help – what is your Arduino knowledge currently? If you are starting from zero, it may be better to do some basic tutorials you can find on youtube etc. Uploading a sketch is usually a first step. Don’t forget to change the setting to Arduino MEGA before uploading.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have done several smaller projects However first time doing motor control having problems with hardware more than anything!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok folks thanks for current feed back , been away for few days fresh eyes looking at things again am i correct in thinking this is following sequence for getting started…..
    launch Makelangelo-firmware.ino
    change board type to my ramps in configure.h
    then compile and upload
    then launch java to start having fun?

If this is correct I’m on the right side of things however a little confused how to define number of motors as this is error i keep getting????

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.