Custom Makelangelo Generate Art not working + not drawing jpg/bmp/png/gif

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Custom Makelangelo Generate Art not working + not drawing jpg/bmp/png/gif

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys,

For a university project I’ve build a prototype of a custom Makelangelo using the soft- and firmware from marginallyclever. I built my machine using an arduino mega and a ramps 1.4.

When I try to draw a svg file everything works great by now. But the machine is just not drawing images generated from jpg/bmp/png/gif and it’s not drawing generated art as well. It generates the images, I see the lines and the travellines, it highlights an area in green, like it does with svg but then it just won’t start.

Here is the log when I load a png:

Converter=Pulse Line
    Converting gcode3896104486176391026.ngc
    2087 line segments. 474.40814cm Estimated draw time: 7m28s .
    Completed
    M110 N0
    N0 G90*16

Then it just stops.

Maybe someone can help with this?

Thanks a lot,
    Cathleen

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wait.. When I read it again.. does it only generate the gcode and I have to open the gcode file then to start drawing? Sorry guys for my stupid questions, I’m a real noob with this kind of thing.

Dan
    Keymaster

Click the connect button and choose the port

you should get a hello world message.

click settings and adjust your machine. check in pen that “up” and “down” correctly raise and lower the pen. if not adjust with the test buttons, then regenerate the gcode.

now your robot is connected, settings are checked, gcode is prepared, and you are ready to go. hit start.

If you have an LCD panel then the robot should beep and ask you to prepare the next pen. click the lcd panel button to continue.

If you don’t have an LCD panel, make sure to compile the firmware without it.

Please share here when you have results!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey Dan,

Thanks for your answer.

The machine works fine if I try to draw svg files. I can connect it, I get the Hello World message and I can start drawing.

What doesn’t work is the “Generate Art” feature or drawing svg files the software generates from png or jpg images. It generates the image correctly but it won’t start. When I try to safe the generated image as an svg and reopen it, it is just empty.

I don’t have the LCD panel. How can I compile the firmware without it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have this LCD on my 3D printer.
    https://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Full_Graphic_Smart_Controller

I tried using it for the Makelangelo but it doesn’t show anything, so I guess I would have to change something in the firmware for it to work. I’d like to use an LCD, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, we don’t support the full graphic smart controller. We don’t have any to test with! it’s very pretty. Send me one and I’ll look into it 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.