.bat file function?

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot .bat file function?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tjhawkey
    Participant

Hi Dan, what does the bat file do exactly?
    For me, it reports that I don’t have java installed, but I in fact do have it installed (and just checked/updated and looked at the registry key).
    I can run the jar file by itself, but somehow it doesn’t seem to work very well. I’m trying to make files not connected to the robot, but the software doesn’t seem to generate the expected results. Certainly not like back at 7.8 or so, at least not for photos.
    I know that’s not very good troubleshooting info. Do you have any reference photo suggestions I could try to run one through the various converters to see what the results are.

Thanks!
    Tim

Dan
    Keymaster

Please post the results of running the .bat file. It should locate your java installation and run makelangelo-software (for those rare users that don’t have jar associated with java).

Can you show me an example of what you are seeing and what you expect? Maybe share your test picture and the settings you are using. I’d also like to see what it used to look like in 7.8 – if you have the older release you can run that and convert.

Thanks!

tjhawkey
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. I partly resolved the bat file issue by forcing installation of 64 bit java.
    It now will start the jar file, though it does report this error message.
    WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(…) returned error code 5.

Interestingly, the jar file now won’t open any images.

I will get some snips and send them.

Tim

tjhawkey
    Participant

Hi Dan, I’m just getting back to working on this. I confirmed just now that 7.8.3 and 7.9.0 will convert the picture in cross hatch properly, but 7.15.5 (latest) doesn’t
    I’ll send you the file and views. My laptop still gets the open gl error, but after hitting OK a few times, it comes up.

Tim

Dan
    Keymaster

What is the status on this ? I don’t see the posts here so i’m no longer up to date. Is the OpenGL error fixed? I think I sent you a link on how to get drivers. Please try 7.16.1 and let me know if it’s better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.